ZALALUNA KINGDOM : PRINCESS MILA AND THE DOCTOR (PART II)

author          : Dyah Puspita 
proofreader  : Noer Hayati Ika Putri




The next day, when the whole family had a breakfast, Princess Delia asked for her father’s permission,

“Father, may I go to Uncle Tom’s house this weekend? I want to know more about gardening.”

“Oh, sure, darling. You can go there. Uncle Tom told me last night.”

Princess Delia looked very happy. She continued her breakfast excitingly.

“Sister, can I join you to Uncle Tom’s house? I really miss him too.” Princess Mila asked.

“But you are still on medication, Mila. No, I don’t want to take any risks.” refused Princess Delia. Princess Mila looked disappointed. 

Then their mother, Queen Isabella, said,

“You can join your sister, Mila. But on one condition,”

“What’s that, mother?”

If you are cured and healthy, you may join Delia to go to Uncle Tom’s house.”

             Princess Mila’s eyes sparkled. 

             She nodded then hugged her mother.

                                                          ____________________________

Before sleeping, Queen Isabella came to Princess Mila’s bedroom. She brought a glass of tea and a small bowl of medicine. Princess Mila pretended to sleep, but her mother knew that she was still awake. She then sat beside her and whispered on her ear,

            “Mila, I knew you were not sleeping yet.”

            Princess Mila opened her eyes and grinned to her mother.

           “Hey, don’t you want to join your sister to Uncle Tom’s house this Sunday?” asked her mother. 

            Princess Delia nodded. Then she said,

           “Just put the medicine on the table, mother. I’ll take it later.”
           
            “Are you sure?” Her mother looked hesitated.
            
            “Of course, Mommy. Trust me.”

When her mother left  her alone, Princess Mila tried to hide the medicine. She threw it away outside through the window. She never liked  medicine because it tasted bitter. She  hoped that her mother or anyone else would not find the medicine.

                                                 ____________________________________

Three days later, on Sunday morning…

Princess Mila’s condition had not yet recovered. She was still coughing and sneezing. But, she pretended to look fine. She really wanted to join her sister, Delia to visit their Uncle’s house in the country.

She already prepared anything that she might need. She was ready to go. But, something happened. When Princess Delia came to Princess Mila’s bedroom to see if her little sister was ready, she heard Princess Mila cough and sneeze.

            “Mila? Are you okay? I heard you are still coughing and sneezing.”

            “I’m okay, Delia.” Princess Mila answered. “Shall we leave now?”

            Princess Delia shook her head. “No, no, no. Let me feel your temperature first.”

            Princess Delia touched Mila’s forehead and shocked.

            “Oh, no! You still have a fever ! Stay here, don’t go anywhere, I’ll call father and mother.”

                                                     ____________________________

King Rayan called the doctor again. As soon as the doctor arrived, he checked on Princess Mila’s conditions.

            “What’s wrong, doctor? Why has my daughter not recovered yet? Have you done your best?” King Rayan seemed to be angry. The doctor shook her head slowly.

            “Forgive me my King. I have done my best. I gave the princess the best medicines that I ever had. I don’t know why the fever still stays. Princess Mila’s condition should have been improved properly.” The doctor explained.

Everyone in the room felt confused about this situation. Princess Mila tried to get up and asked, “So, when will we leave to Uncle Tom’s house?? Can we leave now? Can we?”

At the same time, someone entered the room. It was Uncle Tom. He came to take his lovely nieces. King Rayan told him that Princess Mila was still sick, so the plan about going to his house might be cancelled.

            “No, father! No! I want to go to Uncle Tom’s house!! Sister, please say something! Help me!”

            Uncle Tom came closer to his niece, tried to make her calm.

            “You cannot go to my house if you are sick, darling. It’s okay. You can visit me anytime you want, whenever you are healthy.”

            “By the way,” He added, “I found this on the side yard. Right under Mila’s window.” Uncle Tom pointed out a few grains of the medicine. Princess Mila gasped.

“Uncle Tom found that medicine! I would get caught! It’s better to confess now”, she thought.

            “Ehm, well, that was... that was...” Princess Mila tried to say something. Everyone’s attention is now on her. She did not dare to look at their faces.

            “That was... That was the medicine that Doctor James gave me. I never drink it. I always threw them out of the window.” 

            All the people in that room got shocked. They could not believe that Princess Mila would do that bad thing.

            “I’m sorry, everyone.” Princess Mila started to cry. She was full of regret. Queen Isabella sat beside Princess Mila. She caressed her daughter warmly.

            “My dear, Mila. All of us here never thought that you would do what you have done. You were lying to us. It’s not a good behavior of a princess, dear. You know it.”

            “If you lie, you will ripe the bad effect. Can you see that? Now that you always threw your medicines instead of eating them, your condition is not getting better. In the end, you could not go to Uncle Tom’s house with your sister. Do you understand what I mean?” King Rayanexplained. Princess Mila nodded. She felt very guilty.

            “Just promise us that you would never do this again.” Princess Delia added.

            “Yes, I promise. This time, I’ll keep my promises.” Princess Mila smiled.

Before the doctor went home,he gave some medicines again to Princess Mila. This time, Princess Mila took the medicines and promised to herself not to lie anymore.

                                                    __________ END _________

0 write your opinion here:

Post a Comment

 

FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER TOO!

BE FRIENDS ON FACEBOOK!